A private small group program for mission-driven entrepreneurs ready to craft and deliver their game-changing talk — and step into leadership through speaking
The journey begins September 12, 2017. Open to 12 leaders per session ONLY.
Ready to begin? Fill out your application
Watch the video below to experience a bit about the Your Rooftop Message Talk Program and Live Event!
Hello mission-driven business owner,
You know you have a mighty message inside you — a message so transformational, so compelling, you want to shout it from the rooftops.
There are just two little speedbumps
standing in your way:
1) You’re not quite sure where to start to get the great speaking gigs
You know that your message will change lives and that speaking is a powerful way to reach more people. You just aren’t sure what you need to do exactly to get on the right stages and then how to make it count when you do get those gigs.
2) You’ve got a lot of passion for your message, but you’re not sure how to say it in a way that makes you stand out as a speaker.
You’ve seen how powerful your message – and your expertise – is in serving your clients. You need to know how to translate that awesome experience into a talk that captivates, inspires and naturally attracts new clients you can serve.
Hi! My name is Michelle Barry Franco, speaking coach for mission-driven business owners (like you) — and if you’re ready to really make a difference from the spotlight? You’re in the right place.
High-impact speaking is the most powerful way to dramatically increase your impact, and attract new clients, customers, and raving fans to your business.
So: If you’re an entrepreneur on a mission to change lives with your message, and make major waves with your passion, ideas, and point of view?
Then you need a great talk — specifically a Rooftop Message™ Talk — and a clear understanding of how it plugs into your mission, brand, and the future of your business.
Now, I’ve combined my 20+ years teaching and coaching over 1,000 speakers with a high-touch group experience to help you create and deliver that talk with conviction and high impact.
Your Rooftop Message Talk program is a 10-week online group training experience + LIVE Retreat designed to give you everything you need to craft and deliver the life-changing, client-magnetizing talk your heart wants to share, including:
- 10 in-depth — and totally manageable — modules and video classes that walk you step by step through the whole process of writing your signature talk; from your very first outline, all the way to taking the stage in front of a live audience (and creating your very own speaker reel).
- Hands-on coaching and consulting from me, where you can rehearse, and get immediate expert feedback and support. (Reminder: This is a DIT — Do It Together — not just a DIY program.)
- The keys to a private Facebook group where you’ll connect with fellow entrepreneurs who can’t wait to take the stage. I will also be in that group every day at least once, usually multiple times.
- Worksheets, exercises, and a treasure chest of tools to help you craft just the right talk for your brand, audience, and bottom line. (And you can use these tools over and over again in all of your speaking… forever!)
- A VIP ticket to our LIVE event in A VIP ticket to our LIVE event in the beautiful Bay Area of California.
- … And more.
Because once you master taking a stand for your message and serving your audience through speaking? You stand out as a fearless leader in your industry, and can connect more deeply with your ideal fans, clients, and customers.
And before long, your people will be ready to shout your message from the rooftops.
Your journey to your industry’s biggest stages starts here.
Ready to begin? Fill out your application
“Working with Michelle the last few months has helped me to see that I can be successful in business and still have this lovely, receptive, graceful, feminine energy about my work because she models that so beautifully.
Michelle helped me to see that there is power, strength and transformation that occurs in the intimate details of sharing a story and connecting with my audience on a deeper level. She is a gifted listener, a discerning coach, a resourceful entrepreneur and I know that our work together is going to be the foundation of my new body of work for the next few years, if not the next decade of my career as a coach and speaker. Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
Who I am, and why I’m thrilled you’re here:
Hello again! In case you didn’t catch my name above — I’m Michelle Barry Franco, a speaking and story coach for people who want to light up the world with their ideas and gifts, and I’m so excited to meet you.
Since you’re here I’m guessing you are ready to finally commit to taking your speaking up a level (or three).
Maybe you’ve already been sharing your message; speaking at local venues or through online webinars, summits or other events.
Maybe you’ve even spoken at larger conferences once or twice. But you know that you are meant to take a bolder stand – to reach more people with your message.
The thing is: It’s nerve wracking to take a bigger step with your speaking, even while you’re excited about these possibilities – I like to call this “nervcited.”
Wherever you are on your speaking journey and whatever mix of emotions you carry, you are in exactly the right place. This is the perfect time to take your speaking to the next level and I’d love to help in any way I can.
Because here is what I know for sure: speaking is a powerful way to make a meaningful difference for a lot of people all at once.
And there is nothing I love more than helping smart, committed, heart-centered people build thriving businesses and change a lot of lives through high-impact speaking.
Sound like you? Awesome!
Let’s turn you into the next sought-after speaker in your industry! Read on to find out how I can help you make it happen.
I can’t wait to hear your story!
But wait. How do you own your thought leadership before you’re a “thought leader”?
Owning your expertise is one of the biggest hurdles for most mission-driven public speakers. Because seeing the value in what you have to share — really seeing it — is uncomfortable for many of us. This is true for every person I’ve worked with, at every level, from new business owner to seasoned CEO.
You have a great message and you’re quite good from the stage. Yet that doesn’t stop the doubts from creeping in.
You might be asking yourself:
- How do I figure this out? Where do I even start?
- Is my message/story compelling or engaging enough? Do I have the right message? Did I choose the right story?
- Am I even qualified? I’m not famous and there are definitely people who know more than me.
- Why should anyone listen to me? I’m not sure I’m “special” enough to stand out. Is my personal experience even something others want to hear?
- Can I really be the person that captivates and inspires large audiences? I think I can. But how do I really know?
- Am I really ready to take the stage (let alone take a stand)?
You know you’re called to make this difference: Here. Now. You can feel it, and it won’t go away. So you have to go with it… have to move through the hurdles. You don’t have a choice.
(Well, you do. But we both know you’re more committed to serving your people than you are to avoiding discomfort and fear. Otherwise you wouldn’t be here.)
Here’s the thing: Speaking by itself is not enough. You have to set yourself up to serve beyond the stage.
Because it can’t just end with applause. A standing ovation doesn’t automatically translate to desire, sales, and making a lasting difference in the lives of your audience (although that would be nice!).
In order to master your time on stage fully,
you also have to know how to:
Connect leadership speaking with your business
Invite people to your services without coming across as salesy, and
Grow your list while nurturing your audience members
Your Rooftop Message
Turning every talk into an opportunity to keep building your business, and serve in a way that changes lives.
That’s what I’m here to help you create. And that’s the true impact of a Rooftop Message™ Talk.
Ready to begin? Fill out your application
Great speakers deserve great support. That’s why I’ll be at your side every step of the way.
My 1:1 full package coaching is a minimum of $5000 investment – without a live event opportunity, speaker reel and professional photography. However through this program, you + me + a group of 12 fellow entrepreneurs can jam together for a fraction of the cost.
I mean it when I say you’re not doing this alone. This isn’t one of those, “Here’s the video, good luck!” programs.
Your Rooftop Message Talk is a DIT — Do It Together! — experience that will provide you with:
- Simple step-by-step videos to take you through every single step of speech creation
- Worksheets, checklists and templates to take the confusion out of creating your talk
- Detailed feedback on your content and delivery from me and our awesome group
- Daily support available through our private Facebook page
- Overflowing toolbox of speaking anxiety strategies that you’ll enjoy using
- “I Get It” Intro — turns your story into a captivating intro that lights up your audience
- “How to Tell a Great Story” — you’ll use this in every part of your business
I’ll be on board to answer your questions, offer feedback, and use every bit of my 20+ years of experience to help you create the most powerful Rooftop Message™ Talk possible.
Your Rooftop Message Talk is carefully broken down into simple steps that will help you create your most powerful, stage-ready, impactful talk ever. However, it is a commitment. You should plan to reserve an hour each day (or around 6 hours per week) to completing this course.
If that feels daunting, here’s a gentle reminder: If you’re committed to changing lives, changing the world and bringing your message to the masses? Then investing your precious time, energy, and heart is a must. And I can promise you it won’t be wasted.
Because at the end of our adventure together, you’ll walk away with:
- A powerful, shiny new Rooftop Message™ talk that’s totally crafted, practiced, and ready for the stage, plus you’ll have the process that you can use again and again.
- A strategy for integrating your leadership speaking with your business that you will refer back to for years to come.
- Ideas for growing your thought leadership both on and off stage as well as on and offline. I’ve got you covered!
- The best strategies for booking speaking gigs! Know where to speak and how to reach out.
- Clarity, confidence, and an excitement to shout your message from the rooftops! From choosing speaking topics to knowing what kinds of groups to reach out to, feel empowered with everything you need to craft and deliver a talk worth sharing.
Ready to begin? Fill out your application
“Michelle brought such an undercurrent of cheerleading and desire for our success that felt completely genuine. I’ve been unsure about how to step into speaking, and I feel like Michelle opened this whole world to me and provided a lighted landing strip with lots of blinking arrows and safety as well as the aforementioned pom poms. Also! I had access to a world class teacher throughout the course, which was amazing.”
Jane Selle Morgan
Your path to leadership speaking success starts here…
Here’s a look at what’s inside this program:
QUICK-START PRE-SESSION GOODIES
(Make progress even before our official group starts!)
The Knowing Stone Exercise
A favorite exercise that helps you feel clear and confident in your expertise
How to Book the Best Speaking Gigs (Quick Course)
Line up some speaking events so you know exactly who you are building your Rooftop Message™ to serve!
NINE WEEKLY TRAINING MODULES + LIVE EVENT
Simple, step-by-step videos, exercises, and worksheets designed to take you through every single step of the process.
(I’m going to share everything with you. All my experience. All my insights. You may not need to use all of it right now, but it will be there. So will I, helping guide you to the pieces you need most.)
Week 1 — Your Core Message
- What STAND will you take?
- What is your Rooftop Message™?
- Who is your ideal client/audience?
- Commitment ritual
Week 2 – Your Transformational Story
- What IS your story?
- The “I Get It” intro
- How to tell your story (HINT: It’s not about you)
Week 3 – Outlining Your Talk
- Content brainstorming process
- Where does your story go?
- Talk structure
- Walk + Talk content flesh out
Week 4 – Your Rooftop Message™ Talk
- Receive feedback from both the group + Michelle
- Revise your outline
- Practice Walk + Talk or Write It Out Blossom
Week 5 – Magic Mix of Content
- Right Brain
- Left Brain
Week 6 – Engaging Delivery
- Physical energy – surrender to it
- Body movement
- What to wear
- How to handle Q+A
Week 7 – Implementation
Pull all the pieces together
Week 8 – Share + Care
- Share your Rooftop Message™ Talk with the group
- Give + receive caring, “Love Sandwich” feedback
Week 9 (BONUS!) – Connect Your Message with Your Business
- Your opt-in to grow your list and nurture audience members into clients
- Your Speaker Page — what to have on it
- Daily actions to grow your leadership in your industry
Week 10 – LIVE EVENT!!!
- November 16th-18th
- The (Award-winning) Hivery: Mill Valley, CA
- Finally get to meet each other in person! I’m so excited for in-person hugs!
- Practice delivering your talk live (and get feedback to make it even better!).
- Light breakfast fare with coffee and lunch will be provided each day.
COACHING + CONSULTING
From your 1:1 60-minute speaking coaching session to feedback on your talk, transformation story, and delivery, I’ll be with you every step of the way. PLUS, I’ll help you develop your speaking strategy plan so you know your best steps to take next long after the program has ended.
Worksheets, checklists and templates take the confusion out of creating your talk.
A PRIVATE FACEBOOK GROUP
I’ve carved out a special space on the internet where you and the other leadership speakers like you can get to know each other, offer support, hold each other accountable, and help you through the tough (and amazing!) days. I’ll be in the group at least twice a day during the program to answer questions.
As I said, this isn’t a DIY program where you’re left fending for yourself. I know how important accountability and support are, and I’ve built both in via this Facebook group. It’s an opportunity for community and collaboration you won’t want to miss!
This VIP, luxuriously intimate meeting-of-the-minds is so amazing it needed its own section!
We’ll be gathering at the award-winning Hivery in Mill Valley, CA to further nurture our contribution to the world and practice delivering our Rooftop Message™ Talks… in front of a live audience!
You’ll walk away from this beautiful, enriching experience with:
- your own personal speaker reel to share with conference organizers
- a photograph of you delivering your message from stage
- testimonials from live event attendees you can share on your speaker page
This would cost at least $2000 to arrange on your own!
(You are responsible for travel + accommodations.)
“The accountability piece really pushed me to get more done than I probably would have if left to my own devices. I am a planner and I just loved how everything was laid out step by step, I surprised myself when I followed the process and realized my speech was actually done before I thought it was!”
The inaugural launch of Your Rooftop Message™ Talk Group Speaking Program begins September 12, 2017.
(Only 12 participants are permitted per session.)
Here’s how it works:
- Every week a new module is released through our online Ruzuku classroom – a beautiful, easy to use interface. The module consists of videos, worksheets, audios where appropriate and transcripts with step-by-step guidance for crafting your talk.
- A live call accompanies each weekly module, where I’ll address any questions and give additional tips and advice based on what questions I’m getting in our private Facebook group. (Which I’ll also be jumping into daily to answer your questions and keep you moving.)
- You will turn in your talk outline and get specific, detailed feedback from me to make your talk even more awesome. (This is a most-loved and valued part of the program.)
- You’ll have one private 60-minute coaching call which we will schedule once we get going in the program. You can decide whether to use it during content creation, as part of the delivery skills feedback, or after our group program is over and you deliver your first talk.
- We’ll finish the program with our LIVE EVENT!!! Come meet your fellow Rooftop Messengers and enjoy the support and connection of being one another’s audience and cheerleaders.
While it’s a LOT of work, I also want you to know it’s also manageable, I promise.
You can integrate this powerful group program with your already very busy business and life.
How do I know?
Because I built it for powerhouse business owners like you.
Ready to begin? Fill out your application
“Being accountable to Michelle, the program, and the other women kept me active and engaged. I’m part of about 3 other online programs right now and I’m way behind because I didn’t have the level of accountability that this course has. I liked Michelle’s vulnerability – it was super important for us to see she understands what we are going through.”
This group experience is limited to 12 passionate, mission-driven business owners.
People like you who are ready to serve from the spotlight as leadership speakers. Being this kind of speaker takes preparation and practice — and commitment!
THIS GROUP PROGRAM IS FOR YOU IF…
You are a committed action-taker. This is an intensive coaching, consulting and mentorship program that will require at least 6 hours of your time per week to watch training, do the work, process revisions, attend calls and share feedback with your group mates. I am with you every step of the way, much like I am with my one-on-one clients. To make this work, you need to be ready and excited to finally share this beautiful message you have in a way that truly changes lives and attracts new clients your way.
Speaking is a top priority for you right now. It does take time and energy, so you must have time in your schedule to do the work. You’ll craft the speech (with my and the group’s support), dig into your story and refine it (again, you are not alone in this but only you know your story!), practice delivery of your talk, plus provide support to others in our group. Which means your message needs to matter now, not someday.
You are a passionate Rooftop Messenger who really wants to serve others. We are going to craft a compelling, life-changing speech for your audiences. You’ll share your story in a way that captivates and motivates (and honors your privacy as needed, too). It’s vulnerable work — and it’s powerful work that will make you stand out. We craft a genuine, generous, powerful presentation that leaves the audience better than they were before. We don’t craft a “sell-from-the-stage” speech. This is about natural, high-integrity service — which is a beautiful way to attract the right clients who are ready to change their lives through working with you. Be ready! I’m so excited to support you in this!
THIS GROUP PROGRAM IS NOT FOR YOU IF…
You don’t know your direction or the message you want to share. We dive right into message and story crafting, so this program isn’t designed for someone who has little to no idea what they want to say. We can definitely help refine your message and increase clarity, but we just can’t start at the beginning. If you aren’t sure you’re a good fit, let’s chat!
You want an “off the shelf” template-type program. I won’t give you plug and play templates for you to complete and then voila! — you are speech-ready! (You probably know those don’t work anyway). It will take work, but it will be worth it. You’ll use your story, your message and many of the elements of your Rooftop Message™ Talk in so many aspects of your business and your thought leadership. The clarity and energy that doing this process will bring to every conversation about your work — not just the talk you’ll prepare — will uplift every part of your business.
You love DIY programs, want to work at your own pace, and don’t want to meet deadlines or show up for the calls. While you might not be able to make every Zoom video meeting or call, this program is designed for collaboration the whole way. You create your outline, we all give you feedback to make it better. It’s really what makes this program awesome. You can see how we also depend on the support of the group to make it most powerful. We will be providing feedback, cheerleading, ideas and brainstorming for one another — all of which requires that you show up to almost all of the calls and meetings. And there is homework with due dates so that I can give you awesome, direct and detailed feedback on your outline, story of transformation and a number of other things we will create together. This is what makes this program so different than other group programs – you get lots of support and feedback from me and others.
Ready to begin? Fill out your application
“Michelle, I’m ready to create a Rooftop Message™ Talk that will change lives and attract clients naturally!”
When I invest in Your Rooftop Message™ Talk, I understand I am receiving:
- The entire Your Rooftop Message™ Talk curriculum: 9 Weeks of Modules, including the videos, worksheets, checklists and templates, that have been used to help leadership speakers powerfully impact their audiences.
- Access to the Your Rooftop Message™ Talk videos for as long as you’re running the program
- Weekly Q&A Calls where you will answer all my questions and guide me through the program
- Access to the Rooftop Message™ Talk Facebook Group where I will be joined by like-minded business owners and accountability partners
- 3 quick start goodies
- A ticket to the LIVE EVENT at the Hivery with Michelle!)
- Everything in Michelle’s toolbox to help me get clear, be confident, and rock the best stages in my industry
If you do all the work in the program, including practice sessions with partners and applying all of the material to crafting your own talk and it still doesn’t work for you within 30 days? We’ll refund every penny.
Otherwise, I will hold you to your commitment in service of both you and those you are meant to serve with your message. The world needs you. Don’t hold back. <3
Are you ready to jump in, and craft Your Rooftop Message?
I can’t wait to meet you!
Pick the payment plan that fits your budget below, submit your application, and we’ll get this ball rolling.
I’m so excited to dive in with you to help you craft that powerful talk that will change your people’s lives! As this is our inaugural launch of Your Rooftop Message Talk online group program, we’re offering you this one-time special price. So if you KNOW this program is for you, don’t wait. Because we expect to increase the price substantially in the next round.
(Pricing includes all bonuses)
$3700 (Pay in Full)
(Or 2 payments of $1900 each)
Ready to begin? Fill out your application. Payment will be taken after confirmed application.
How do I know if I’m ready?
In your application, you will have the opportunity to tell me where you are in your business and share your questions about the program. If it looks like it’s a good fit, you will be invited to set up a call with Michelle to discuss your questions or concerns. We are committed to this being a beautiful fit for you and your work at just the right time.
Generally, you know you’re ready if you have a message singing from your heart and a pretty good idea of the transformational story you’d use to connect with your audience. Mostly you just need guidance in refining those and bringing them to the stage in a powerful way to feel ready to craft Your Rooftop Message™ Talk.
What if I'm not absolutely sure about my message? Is this still the right program for me?
You are not alone if you sometimes waver or even shift in your message. Clarity of message can be a tricky thing for so many of us, even when we feel passionate about the difference we know we want to make. This program has powerful tools to deepen connection and clarity to a message you already know you care about. If you’d like to explore this more before signing up for the program, simply state that in your application and we will schedule a time to talk this over with you. Above all, we want this program to be an excellent fit for you at just the right time and we will do whatever we can to ensure that fit.
I don’t feel like I’m the expert. Should I be on stage?
Do you know that most amazing leadership speakers have felt that way at some point in their speaking career? They’re afraid they don’t know enough, they aren’t “expert” enough, so you’re definitely not alone!
But here is the truth: There are people out there who need your message. They’re already waiting. And your experience, your story, and your knowledge are what they need to be inspired and motivated to change. I’ll teach you how to build your thought leadership during the program. All you need to bring is your message and a willing heart.
What if I take a stand and it’s wrong? I'm afraid of making such a public mistake.
If you are unsure of your stand – or any of its elements – we’ll dig into your idea to guide you to a stand that feels more correct, in integrity, and memorable.
That said, anyone can make a mistake. One of my favorite things to say to clients is, “Anything can happen. It’s all about how you handle it.” We’ll talk about how to handle it if your stand changes with new information.
I am already SO BUSY. Is it possible to complete your program AND continue running my business?
It’s true, you really do have to prepare and practice a LOT, especially at first. I recommend at least 6 hours a week. More often than not, the question really isn’t about time, but desire. On a scale of 1 to 10, how bad do you want to be a leadership speaker (taking your schedule into account)?
If you said anything less than 8, ask yourself why. Are you afraid? I can help you work through that. Are you wondering if you really can be a leadership speaker? I can help you work through that too. But if this really isn’t the right time or if the idea of leadership speaking is way more desirable than the reality of the work required to make it happen, then this program probably isn’t for you.
But I promise you — for those willing to trust the process and give their 100%, the payoff is absolutely worth the time invested to hone your talk and master your delivery!
Will this program teach me how to get paid speaking gigs?
We will definitely talk about paid speaking AND free speaking. For the most part, though, this program is NOT about how to get paid speaking gigs. Our focus is on how to become a captivating, leadership style speaker. This kind of leadership speaking DOES attract speaking gigs, and some of those may be paid if that is your goal – but it’s not our focus.
“Doing the live session and getting Michelle’s feedback, it became apparent how much of an expert she is at this. The layout of the course and the layering of the lessons was perfect to let me go through my own process and have permission to do so. Michelle is a magnet for a great group of women and that’s a testament to who she is!”
Still on the fence? Consider this:
Years from now, you could look back on this as the moment when everything changed for you.
Imagine: What could you create if you took all your expertise and passion for making a difference, and turned it into a thought-leadership style talk — a talk that changes other people’s lives, and helps them take a stand for what they believe in and step into their calling.
I know there’s a brilliance inside you that’s just waiting to be brought into the light — whether you realize it now or not.
It’s a brilliance the world needs.
And inside the Your Rooftop Message™ Talk program, we’ll bring it to the surface for good.
If you’re ready to be a leadership speaker, this is the moment. Don’t wait.
Let’s find your message — and learn to shout it from the rooftops.
Ready to begin? Fill out your application