My clients are leaders in business and entrepreneurs – thought leaders, people leaders, industry experts – who are committed to sharing their ideas with clarity, confidence and conviction. They want it to matter when they speak – every time.
This sounds simple – and with the clear process we bring to the table, it is. But it is not usually easy, especially when you try to do it alone. Your ideas are layered and complex – and they are often swimming in a whole lot of tangentially related information. It’s so easy to get lost and overwhelmed in that expert brain of yours.
But this is our specialty – revealing the clear, compelling, captivating message at the heart of your expertise. That’s why you bring us in.
Here are the kinds of things we do in our speaking coaching together:
- Create an exciting, crystal clear strategy plan to share your message far and wide: probably the most common question I get from people who want to speak more often and to bigger audiences is, “How do I get great speaking gigs?” Here is where we make your custom plan – the one that includes as many of your ideal audiences (and clients) and possible.
- Craft a crystal clear core message: So much of powerful presenting depends upon absolute clarity of core message and who that message is intended to serve. This process includes:
- Core Message Crafting
- Deep and thorough Audience Analysis – what do they really want from your presentation (this is often different from what you think/know they need).
- Powerful connection to Why this matters – to you and to your audience. This is the emotional connection required of great speaking.
- Build a presentation with captivating & engaging content. This almost always means a mix of:
- Relevant stories – the most engaging form of teaching and inspiring and a powerful way to reinforce memory
- Compelling data – statistics, research findings, other left brain content
- Images that light up the brain (our brain loves images!)
- Engagement activities that help put your audience into action even before they leave the room (sometimes this means movement and/or connection with others in the audience, sometimes it’s engaging their brains in a process or related activity)
- Uplevel your presentation delivery – with a focus on your natural delivery style (we created a process to help you articulate and step into this), we practice and hone:How you move your body – hands, feet and gestures
- Your most powerful voice including analysis and practice on voice fluctuation, pausing, speed and volume
- The presentation space – how you set up chairs, background, pass out handouts (or not) and any other aspect of the “scene” of your presentation. This part is so often overlooked and yet has a big impact on the audience experience!
"My workshop went even beyond better than I could have imagined!"
My workshop went so great and even beyond better than I could have imagined! I had 17 people there and received a lot of fantastic feedback.Your help and guidance is so appreciated. It really helped in making this a successful moment and experience for me. Again, so much thanks!Amanda Gilbert
"You’ve helped me to see that there is power, strength and transformation that occurs in the intimate details of sharing a story and connecting with my audience on a deeper level."
Working with you the last few months, it has helped me to see that I can be successful in business and still have this lovely, receptive, graceful, feminine energy about my work because you model that so beautifully. You’ve helped me to see that there is power, strength and transformation that occurs in the intimate details of sharing a story and connecting with my audience on a deeper level. You are a gifted listener, a discerning coach, a resourceful entrepreneur and I know that our work together is going to be the foundation of my new body of work for the next few years, if not the next decade of my career as a coach and speaker. Thank you, thank you, thank you!Elizabeth Barbour
We are currently revamping this page. If you are interested in working with me, please email us at here and we will send you information about current options. Thank you for your kind patience while we uplevel our online presence here 🙂
"My business grew enough that I was able to quit my “day job” to focus on my business full time." Michelle knows how to crawl inside of your heart and put words to all that important stuff you’ve got swimming around in there. She digs and digs and digs until that nebulous thing you can’t wrap your mind around is written down. Within days, I had a new tagline that I absolutely love and 100% fits both me and my business and a complete rebranding of my business was in the works. It also gave me the clarity and confidence to write,design and publish my first ebook. Oh, and my business grew enough that I was able to quit my “day job” to focus on my business full time.Brenna Peyton
"After I delivered my presentation that we worked on together, the CEO of the organization summarized the conference in a blog post and selected my presentation as his favorite of the event."
After I delivered my presentation that we worked on together, the CEO of the organization summarized the conference in a blog post and selected my presentation as his favorite of the event. From there the organization wished to create a separate post about the project I shared in the presentation which later became one of the top 20 out of 1,000 most-clicked posts on their site in 2016. Thank you so much for helping me nail down the story and content I wanted to tell. Since our first presentation, I have done a few more talks and I always use the same process and structure you shared with me in our coaching.Brittney Butler
"We uncovered self-imposed limitations along the way, dug deep into my story (HUGE story) and came out the other side with a HUGE rocket of MOTIVATION!"
Michelle Barry Franco has given me the clarity that I’ve been seeking. I’ve silently been holding back on taking my game to the next level… why? I didn’t feel confident about the content on my website, didn’t feel secure in my CORE message, didn’t feel like I had truly settled on my ideal client. We uncovered self-imposed limitations along the way, dug deep into my story (HUGE story) and came out the other side with a HUGE rocket of MOTIVATION!Star Staubach